Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Big Savings at Michael's

I knew I had a craft project I wanted to do with my daughter soon so I ordered a discount gift card for Michael's. Big score! They're 27% off of face value. Within a week it arrived and I clipped a coupon for 40% off a full priced item. These are in newspaper, mailers, or you can print right from Michael's website.

Armed with my savings strategies, off I went. Well, happy surprise for me! All Halloween 'stuff' was on clearance for 80% off!!! And some of their Christmas craft kits for pre-school aged kids were on sale for 40% off.

Ever get side tracked from what you originally intended to buy? I certainly did! But, I'm usually prepared with extra savings tricks and have my eyes open to opportunities. I bought a couple of items for Christmas (because they were only 40% off) and several things for Halloween next year. My total came to $19.52. Full retail would have been $61.39. That's a savings of 68%!!!

It's not over yet. I paid with my discounted gift card. I paid 27% less than what it's worth so I paid Michael's $19.52 with that gift card, but I had only paid $14.25 for that amount. This added up to a total of 77% off.

Get gift cards for less at CardCash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment