Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

All About the Money $$$

There is much more to a consignment sale like Just Between Friends than money, but it's time I mentioned the cash.

Consignors earn cash! As a consignor, you have choices as to how much money you make depending on hours of volunteering, whether you tag your own items, etc. I choose to volunteer 4 hours at the sale which makes increases my commission to 70% from 65%.  I also pay a $10 flat rate to consign and tag my own items.

What did I earn? The estimate for my payout is $468.80...woo hoo!! On the JBF website, you can check each evening which of your items sold and see an estimate of your payout. I sold a total of 126 items at an average of $5 per item.

And, did my extra 5% make a difference? I calculated my payout at $66 higher because I volunteered. It sure did make a difference!

Shoppers save money! You will save money on loads of everyday things you need for your kids. Clothes, shoes, toys, games, baby furniture and gear. Don't forget the full cycle I mentioned in a previous post. Not only do you get these items at a huge discount, when you are done with them, you can resell them. This can make your full cycle of those necessities very inexpensive (or possibly free if you are very savvy about your shopping).

No comments:

Post a Comment