Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Discount Gift Cards

One of the ways to get gift cards at a discount is to watch the flyers for your grocery stores. These deals are common around Thanksgiving and Christmas, but my Safeway has them right now as a Mother's Day promo. If I buy $50 worth of participating gift cards then I will get a coupon for $10 off my next shopping trip! Essentially, I'm paying $40 for $50 worth of gift cards which is a 20% savings.

I could buy one $50 gift card or five $10 gift cards as long at they total $50.

A few things to be careful of:
  • fine print - this will only be applicable to certain cards so be sure to only buy those cards
  • fine print - I get one coupon per transaction (I could do 2 transactions and get 2coupons - or more!)
  • don't forget to use the coupon!!! (there may also be fine print associated with this)
If it isn't great enough that you're saving 20% on these gift cards, you can also stack your savings:
  • get gas rewards to reduce what you pay at the pump
  • use a card that earn miles or other rewards to make the purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment